Your Kids OT blog recently turned 2! Welcome to those who have joined us recently and thank you all for your ongoing support. Here is a round up of the 10 most popular posts for 2015! See if you have missed any!
1. Best tips for tying shoe laces - Everything you need to know to teach your kids about lacing their shoes! This post included terrific techniques, top tips and great alternatives for those struggling with tying shoe laces. Read more here.
2. New visual perception reference sheet - Full of definitions, practical examples where visual perception is needed and potential areas of difficulties as well as a comprehensive list of strategies to try...this has become a popular reference sheet for OTs and teachers. Have you purchased your copy? Read more here.
3. Heavy work for little fingers - 6 finger activities to warm up those little hands! Read more here.
4. Fun with Flextangles - Some paper fun for older kids. Print, draw, fold, stick, move! Tricky for some. Read more here.
5. Homemade finger games - Finger soccer and finger obstacle course. Quick and easy to make for your next therapy session or to play at home. Read more here.
6. Writing slopes and a homemade option - Such a difference slope makes. Read more here.
7. Favourite Finger play rhymes and songs - A popular FREE download for your babies, toddlers and preschoolers! Read morehere.
8. Happy New Year: Healthy Kids! Every day learning in every day activities. - Written a year ago as part of a new year series I continue to encourage people to find opportunities in every day living for every day learning! Read more here.
9. Ask an OT: Does crawling matter? Is it ok if my child skips crawling? - Crawling is important for every age! Read more here.
10. Spatial awareness and simple blocks. - 3 great ways to encourage spatial awareness at different levels using simple wooden blocks. Read more here.
I'm always a little overwhelmed that there are new readers, pinterest followers and FB likers for my little blog. Thank you again for reading, commenting, liking .... keep spreading the word!
I also love to hear from you - what have you found interesting, learnt, modified, created, been inspired from what you have read?!
Looking forward to a great 2016!
Hi, I'm Cindy and I am an Occupational Therapist. I enjoy working creatively with children to see them reach their potential. Read more about me here.
SEARCH THIS SITE
Check out my affiliate partners!
Don't miss out!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email and receive
the SHAPE ROADS PRINTABLE NOW!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription and receive your free printable!
Disclaimer: The information on this site is general in nature and should be used for educational and entertainment purposes. The activities are safe for most children, however, you should consult an Occupational Therapist or health professional to address specific movement, sensory or other medical conditions. This blog does not replace formal therapeutic professional advice given by a health professional or medical practitioner. Reviews and endorsements of products will only be made based on my expertise and personal opinion; and deemed worthy of such endorsement. The opinions shared in sponsored content will always be my own and not that of the advertising company or brand. Content, advertising space or posts will be clearly identified if paid, affiliated or sponsored. Affiliate links may be found throughout this website in advertising. This means that if you follow through with a purchase from these links, Your Kids OT will receive a percentage of the sale. Your Kids OT undertakes to meet the requirements of the "Social Media Policy" as published by Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). Further information about this policy can be found here.
Copyright © 2017 Your Kid OT