Handwriting and Writing Skills
These components include -
- postural control and trunk stability,
- fine motor abilities,
- pencil grasp and pressure,
- visual perceptual and visual motor skills,
- pencil control and fluency of movement,
- letter/number recognition and formation and
- spatial organisation.
Writing skills involves the ability to create words, sentences and paragraphs. Different writing styles include narrative and persuasive writing. School age children are required to write a range of different things including recounts, reviews, character studies, persuasive speeches, information reports, etc.
You will find further explanations and lots of activity suggestions for the development of handwriting and writing skills below.