1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Cream (beat) the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the flour.
3. Add the ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix together.
4. Place the golden syrup in the microwave and heat for 1 minute.
5. With the beaters mixing slowly, add the warmed golden syrup until dough forms a ball.
6. Press mixture into a lined baking tin.
7. Press 24 freckles into the wet mixture and bake for 45 minutes. Cover with foil if needed.
8. Allow to cool in the tin and then slice with one freckle in each piece. Enjoy!!
Adult supervision may be (most probably) required with use of the mixer, microwave and oven. Additional help will be needed to monitor the bake and adding the foil during the cooking time if the slice browns too quickly. It will be worth it! It is delicious. Try it today. Happy Baking!
Hi, I'm Cindy and I am an Occupational Therapist. I enjoy working creatively with children to see them reach their potential. Read more about me here.
SEARCH THIS SITE
Check out my affiliate partners!
Don't miss out!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email and receive
the SHAPE ROADS PRINTABLE NOW!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription and receive your free printable!
Disclaimer: The information on this site is general in nature and should be used for educational and entertainment purposes. The activities are safe for most children, however, you should consult an Occupational Therapist or health professional to address specific movement, sensory or other medical conditions. This blog does not replace formal therapeutic professional advice given by a health professional or medical practitioner. Reviews and endorsements of products will only be made based on my expertise and personal opinion; and deemed worthy of such endorsement. The opinions shared in sponsored content will always be my own and not that of the advertising company or brand. Content, advertising space or posts will be clearly identified if paid, affiliated or sponsored. Affiliate links may be found throughout this website in advertising. This means that if you follow through with a purchase from these links, Your Kids OT will receive a percentage of the sale. Your Kids OT undertakes to meet the requirements of the "Social Media Policy" as published by Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). Further information about this policy can be found here.
Copyright © 2017 Your Kid OT