Method: Stage 1
1. Mix all flour, water, salt and yeast in a bowl using a flat-bladed knife.
2. Cover with plastic wrap and leave for 18 hours (overnight, however time is not critical).
1. Preheat the oven to 250°C (or your highest setting).
2. Use a mixer with dough hook (or hands) to knead the mixture. Dough should be pourable consistency (ie. still quite wet). Add more flour if necessary.
3. Grease the baking tin with cooking spray. Pour dough into the baking tin. Sprinkle with extra flour or polenta (not essential).
4. Cover baking tin with foil and bake for 40 mins, then remove foil and cook for another 5 mins.
5. Cool on a wire rack. When cool, transfer to a chopping board to slice and serve.
Message to adults...
· The mixture can be “knocked down” and kneaded by hand. Dip your hands in cold water occasionally to help with handling the sticky mixture. It is easier in a mixing bowl as it is very sticky.
· The dough may be placed on a greased oven tray as a free form loaf or shaped into smaller loaves.
You may pre-heat the oven tray or baking tin, however, I have found the recipe to work without this step.
· Oven temperatures may vary so there may be a variation in cooking time.
· Adult supervision may be required when handling the baking tin and oven.
Hi, I'm Cindy and I am an Occupational Therapist. I enjoy working creatively with children to see them reach their potential. Read more about me here.
SEARCH THIS SITE
Check out my affiliate partners!
Don't miss out!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email and receive
the SHAPE ROADS PRINTABLE NOW!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription and receive your free printable!
Disclaimer: The information on this site is general in nature and should be used for educational and entertainment purposes. The activities are safe for most children, however, you should consult an Occupational Therapist or health professional to address specific movement, sensory or other medical conditions. This blog does not replace formal therapeutic professional advice given by a health professional or medical practitioner. Reviews and endorsements of products will only be made based on my expertise and personal opinion; and deemed worthy of such endorsement. The opinions shared in sponsored content will always be my own and not that of the advertising company or brand. Content, advertising space or posts will be clearly identified if paid, affiliated or sponsored. Affiliate links may be found throughout this website in advertising. This means that if you follow through with a purchase from these links, Your Kids OT will receive a percentage of the sale. Your Kids OT undertakes to meet the requirements of the "Social Media Policy" as published by Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). Further information about this policy can be found here.
Copyright © 2017 Your Kid OT