Sensory Diet Implementation Bundle
7 resources to assist with identification, planning and implementation of a sensory diet.
This Sensory Diet Implementation bundle includes:
- Sensory Diet Activity Guidebook: This ebook is written for occupational therapists and parents looking for additional suggestions to help with the formulation of a sensory diet. This guide book provides examples of activities that may be included in a "sensory diet" in a home or school environment where specialized equipment may not be available. Read more about this book HERE. (RRP $19.95)
- Sensory Diet Activity Reference Sheet: This reference sheet is a compilation of over 100 sensory based activities. This sheet is an abbreviated version of the above Sensory Diet Activity Guidebook in a reference sheet format to provide to parents and teachers. Read more about this reference sheet HERE. (RRP $5.50)
- Sensory Triggers in the classroom (Checklist and accommodations): This checklist provides a way to identify environmental and sensory demands which may be affecting a child in the classroom. It may be used to guide classroom observations of triggers and behaviours. Some accommodations are included for each sensory category in this checklist - visual, auditory, oral, olfactory, tactile and movement. (RRP $4.95)
- Activities for me checklist: This checklist is designed to help children to identify the affect sensory activities have on them. Does the activity assist your child to be more alert or calm? Your child may require assistance from a parent, teacher or an occupational therapist to complete the tool. (RRP $4.95)
- Daily, Weekly and Monthly Planners: These planners enable you to schedule daily, weekly or monthly sensory based activities. There are a number of styles to suit various ages. (RRP $4.95)
- Lets Get Moving Powerpoint Presentation: This interactive presentation provides an opportunity for students to choose from two sensory based actions on each slide. These slides are suitable for use via telehealth sessions where students can imitate a therapist in the chosen action. Some actions require imagination (eg. throwing a snowball or rowing a boat). Some actions may be used in conjunction with equipment (eg. hula hoop, trampoline). (RRP $5.95)
- Move Your Body Powerpoint Presentation: This interactive presentation is designed to build body awareness. Children are encouraged to chose a different body part and perform the actions. These slides are suitable for telehealth sessions. (RRP $5.95)
Note: These checklists do not replace formal assessments. They are to be used to record observation, interview information and a child's own report.
Preview these resources via Youtube: