FREE School Readiness Checklist v2_2023
The following school readiness checklist was compiled to provide an overview of your child’s
- visual motor skills,
- fine motor and pre-writing skills,
- gross motor skills,
- cognitive and problem solving skills,
- social, language and emotional skills, and
- self-care (independence) skills.
There is a wide range of expectations for children beginning formal schooling and this may change from one local area to another. The starting age for school may also vary depending on your state or country of residence.
- This checklist should be used as a guide only.
- This school readiness checklist is not a standardised test and can not be used to gauge age-norms.
- This checklist may be used by parents, educators and health professionals for their own use with a child or children in their care.
- This checklist should not be distributed. Further free copies may be obtained from Your Kids OT.
If you have concerns with your child's development, please contact your local health professional for an assessment of your child's individual needs.
Updated version 2_2023.