- Social Emotional Competencies and Regulation
- How do I react?
How do I react?
In this printable, children are encouraged to think about their "reactions" to situations and problems. A "reaction" is a response to a situation. In this printable these responses are actions, thoughts or behaviours. You may also use these prompts to discuss your child's feelings and emotional response.
This "How do I react ?" printable may be used in conjunction with "How big is the problem?" and "Behaviour Expectations School Age Children" printables. This printable was designed so that you can cut out the individual picture prompts and discuss them randomly or enable a child to choose a response. These reactions could be acted out or used in conjunction with puppets/toys. You could also categorize the reactions into small, medium and large or expected and unexpected reactions.
Goals of this printable:
1) Children can consider if their reaction is expected or unexpected.
2) Children can consider if their reaction is small, medium or big.
3) Children can consider if their reaction matches the size of the problem.
4) Children can consider if they should change their reaction or not.